Friday, February 5, 2010

Urban Dictionary

So, the latest Facebook thing is to find your name at urbandictionary.com and post the definition of your own name. Well, I looked up my husband's name and was pleasantly surprised to see this...

"Be close to guys named Rick. They are good loyal friends. Ricks are athletic and kind. Soon, you might just see yourself dating a Rick after being friends with him for awhile. Ricks would rather hang out with real, down to earth girls then whores or people that dress like sluts. If you are a simple nice down to earth girl, he will fall for you so quick. Ricks respect relationships and other people in general. Ricks are amazing and they are not fake!! They are cute and good kissers. :-)"

Followed by this...

"A human with a severe lack of common sense, and powerfully apathetic towards his/her deficiency."

The contrast and the underlying truths in each statement made me laugh out loud in my office. (I do that from time to time. It could be embarrassing, if anyone ever heard. Or cared. My office partner is used to my strangness, I'm sure.) To be fair, my Rick does not lack common sense, but he is rather apathetic to his other deficiencies... Which is really something I admire about him most of the time. He simply and truly does not care what anyone thinks of him. Including me. That's the part that pisses me off!!! He is cute and a good kisser, though, so I put up with those deficiencies of his.

2 comments: