Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gratitute continued

Today I am grateful for the fullness of my life. I am never bored. I don't like being bored. There are many times I wish I could be less busy, but I am so thankful for all the wonderful blessings that fill my life.

I am grateful to have a house full of family. I am grateful for all the half-finished craft and sewing projects filling my craft room. I am grateful that my upcoming weekend will be filled with scrapbooking, friends, food and laughter.

I am grateful that even though it takes me away from my family, I have a good paying, stable, fun job in this economy. (My husband has a good job, too!) My job is full of challenges and opportunities to grow and connect and create and stretch myself.

I am grateful that I have closets full of clothes for my children to wear. Shelves full of books for my children to read. Boxes, corners, drawers and couch cushions full of toys for my children to play with. Cupboards full of food to eat.

I am grateful to have a mind full of knowledge and ideas and thoughts and opinions and creative energy. I am grateful that even though I struggle with my weight, I never go hungry. Even though my budget is tight, I never can't pay my bills. Even though my house is messy and noisy, I never go without hugs and kisses and smiles and laughter and songs and stories and love from my family.

I am so grateful for the fullness of my life. My cup overfloweth... yes, it's overflowing all over the floor and out into the yard. That's a good thing today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's way more than five things. It looks like you and I share a lot of the same things on our gratitude lists. Except I like to be bored...once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course we share a lot of the same things... We're BFF's! You're on the list, too, BTW, but you already know that!

    ReplyDelete