Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, I recently found out that I can no longer access my blog at work... So my blogs will be less often. At work I can hammer out a blog on my break. I don't get breaks at home really. Right now Rick and the kids are watching "Dodge Ball" but that could all change at the drop of a hat...

Today is Valentine's Day. Sometimes I feel like holidays are like money... Having someone to celebrate with me is no big deal, really, but not having someone seemed so huge when I was single. I remember always feeling like New Year's and Independence Day were holidays best spent with a honey... Maybe it's the kissing and fireworks. Whatever the reason, I felt pretty alone without a partner on those holidays. Now that I am happily married, I feel like today (and other holidays) is just another comfortable day in my wonderful life. I got Rick some chocolates and he got me flowers and a gift. That exchange was nice, but I would have been okay without it, too. I KNOW Rick loves me. He's my Valentine everyday. He does more for me on a daily basis than any amount of flowers and gifts could fulfill... Don't get me wrong, I love gifts and flowers... I just love having a strong, stable marriage and family--with or without flowers. And I know flowers and gifts don't make a family. But they are a nice extra touch...

So, Happy Valentine's Day to all.... I hope everyone has a true Valentine on whom they can rely. I'm grateful I do!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment