Monday, February 22, 2010

Brave Little Lukers


well, I added this photo after writing the blog... Once I knew where I was headed. I love the dried ketchup on Luke's chin in this shot... I gotta take the photos when I can get 'em--No prep time!

I'm not sure what I have to say right now. But the kids are all in bed and if I go to bed right now, Rick and I will talk for an hour and we'll both be too tired for tomorrow. So I am hiding in the living room in front of the computer.

I stayed home from work today. I thought I was developing seasonal allergies, but as it turns out, I think I have a cold. The fatigue that comes with sickness is so no fun. I have way too much to do to be stuck on the couch snoozing all day.

I am grateful it seems to only be a cold and not the flu again. That was horrible! The weather has been fabulous here this past week. It was delightful to head outdoors with my family. We went on a bike ride Sunday afternoon. It ultimately kicked my butt--it was worth it, though. We rode out to Battery Clark in Ft Stevens and played hide and seek. I've got my first sticker bush scratches of the year... Awesome!

Saturday was super sunny, too. I had the windows open and I was just enjoying the sunny family day. The big boys were doing something that didn't involve a screen or any arguing. Sarah and I were hanging up a ginormous pile of clean clothes. Rick and Luke were jumping on the trampoline together.

Next thing I know, Luke is crying and they're both headed for the front door. Luke's got blood dripping from his chin and it looks like he'll need some stiches. He got three stiches on his chin... Prior to the procedure, the doctor warned that she is not a plastic surgeon and there may be a scar, at which point, Rick pointed to his own chin and proclaimed that chin scars are genetic.

At first Luke did not want me to take any pictures of it, but he's feeling less pain and more pride at having survived the ordeal. I'm glad it wasn't worse... And I guess those darn blue pads that go around the edge of the trampoline are important... I'll add it to my list of summer purchases!

Oh, the nyquil is kicking in... Good night...

1 comment:

  1. He is brave. Stitches are scary, and so is letting someone take a photo of the inside of your nose! :)

    I'm fighting a virus right now and took some nyquil last night too. It's almost like we're still room mates. Almost. Or maybe we have a psychic connection and I'm dragging you down with me. Sorry about that.

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete