Monday, April 5, 2010

Lame, but hey, whatever!

I don't really have any new, inspiring words to share. I am really just waiting for Rick's blue tooth to charge so I can unplug it before the Nyquil kicks in. I am sick AGAIN. I have been sick more often since working at Job Corps than I ever was running a day care. Those darn Job Corps students have cooties or something!

Tonight at work we watched "the Outsiders" for two of our counseling groups. We were inspired to watch it on the suggestion of a student... And a co-worker who recently told me to "stay gold, pony boy". I remember just loving that movie as a kid. And the boys were all so cute! It's amazing to look back and see them after watching their careers for the last 20 years. Patrick Swayze and all his movies... then his battle with cancer. Tom Cruise and his dramatic life. Rob Lowe, Emilio Estavez, Ralph Macchio, Tommy Howell (he was in 24 one season and on ER one time--both creepy roles).

We recently got all the Karate Kid movies for our kids to watch. And I think I'll get the Outsiders book for Gabriel, and then we can watch the movie! Right now Elijah is reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid so he can watch the movie. Makes me want to watch Stand By Me and Red Dawn again, too! We just watched Ghostbusters the other night--that is a weird movie. And the special effects are awful!

Well, the Nyquil is starting to take effect... bye bye sore throat! Type to you later, all! Good night...

2 comments:

  1. You've just got to love 80's and 90's movies! Good times good times!

    I hope you feel better soon! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try to keep our kids well versed in 80s pop culture, especially the movies. It somehow feels like our sacred parental responsibility or something. However, I haven't seen The Outsiders for a very long time. I'm going to have to hunt that one down and watch it again.

    ReplyDelete